NIKE INSTAGRAM STRATEGY
NIKE Based in Beaverton, Oregon, NIKE, Inc. includes the Nike, Converse, Hurley, and Jordan brands.Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to expand human potential. We do that by creating groundbreaking sport innovations, by making our products more sustainable, by building a creative and diverse global team and by making a positive impact in communities where we live and work.
- Nike wanted to create a marketing campaign that adds value and advertises the brand, based on a number of key trends currently driving audience behaviors and one which includes creative self-promotion that Twitter and Instagram encourage
- The sports brand capitalized on its Instagram following to create NIKEPHOTOiD – a successful Instagram campaign based on key trends driving audience behaviors
- The campaign let users use their Instagram photos to customize their trainers, share the results on numerous social media platforms and have their personalized trainers made
- Nike launched a microsite that let customers customise their trainers using their Instagram images. Once an Instagram image has been selected Nike creates a colour scheme for the trainers that match the colours in the image.Once customized, the shoe design can be shared on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr and Google+, and most importantly customers can then simply click through to Nike’s mobile store to buy their new personalized trainers.
- 100,000 shoes created in the first week
- 600 shoes created per hour at peak
- 8% clicked through to buy shoes on Nike ID
- Zero media spendNike ID’s online community is estimated to be 15 million strong with revenue of the fiscal year 2013 exceeding $100 million.
- Nike ID’s online community is estimated to be 15 million strong with revenue of the fiscal year 2013 exceeding $100 million.