CBD For Social Anxiety: Can CBD Help You?
Many people want to know how to use CBD oil for anxiety in their daily lives. Anxious thoughts can range from minor insecurities that hold us back to crippling fears that cause a major disruption in our lives. By understanding how CBD for social anxiety works, you may be better able to manage anxious thoughts and overcome the hesitancies they bring about. For many people, CBD is the natural help they need to better manage their overall health and wellness, for happier, healthier lives.
Where CBD Comes From
Before you find out how to use CBD oil for anxiety, it helps to understand what CBD is. Cannabidiol, better known by its abbreviation CBD, is found in all Cannabis sativa L. plants. It’s one of over 100 active compounds found in cannabis plants, and its shown a large amount of potential for helping users better manage their social anxiety symptoms.
Industrial hemp was legalized by congress with the 2018 Farm Bill. Defined as cannabis plants with 0.3% THC concentrations by weight or less, this definition allows consumers to harness the potential benefits of cannabis without risking the intoxication, “high” feeling, or failed drug screens of its sister plant, marijuana, which can have THC concentrations over 30%.
At the processing facility, the raw plant material is processed on state-of-the-art machines to extract a full-spectrum CBD oil that retains its active cannabinoids and terpenes but is completely free from THC. The oil is then formulated into the leading products that let you use CBD for social anxiety. At each stage of its production, our products are subjected to rigorous 3rd-party testing to ensure they are potent and pure so you get great CBD.
What Kind Of Products Are Available?
CBD for social anxiety comes in a variety of forms. CBD oil, for example, is versatile and blends easily with fats. That makes finding a way to get your dose in a socially acceptable form easy. Outside of oils, CBD can be found in:
- Topicals – CBD gels and creams give you a fast, easy way to use CBD. Just apply your desired amount to the area most affected by your anxiety (such as the temples for worrisome headaches). The cream absorbs quickly into your skin to provide fast relief.
- Gummies – These sweet little CBD-infused treats are a familiar form that looks like any other gummy treat. Each delivers a standard dose of CBD, so just count them out and snack without anyone being the wiser.
- Capsules – If you’re looking for how to use CBD oil for anxiety while being completely circumspect, capsules are a great choice. Similar to the vitamins and supplements you may already take every day, these deliver a set dose per capsule.
- Vaping – If you’re looking for a yummy experience, you can always use vaping to get your CBD for social anxiety. Choose your favorite flavor, find a quiet spot, and vape away.
- Edibles/Drinks – If you want a tailored CBD boost, just add some CBD oil to your favorite salad, smoothie, or coffee beverage. It blends effortlessly and lets you enjoy your dose your way.
Can CBD Actually Help With Social Anxiety?
It’s important to note that CBD for social anxiety is not a drug. CBD is not meant to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any illness, disease, or condition. It is, however, support for your endocannabinoid system. While no large-scale study has shown irrefutable evidence that CBD will cure or treat anxiety, many users have found that adding it to their existing regimen helps them better manage their symptoms. Because there’s no standardized dosing, how to use CBD oil for anxiety is up to your best judgment, but there have been small-scale CBD anxiety studies that show it has the potential to be effective.
One small study conducted in 2010 looked at how CBD affects those with Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD). Along with polling participants about their symptoms and the lessened severity under CBD, they also took scans to evaluate blood flow to the brain. There was a marked change in the participants’ blood flow, showing that not only were participants feeling fewer symptoms, but their brains were actually changing the way they managed the biological cause of their anxiety.
Another study looked specifically at how CBD affected people nervous about public speaking, a common source of social anxiety. The administration of CBD helped alleviate symptoms, leaving participants more confident.
In fact, a 2015 research report looked at the results of CBD studies on anxiety and found that the pattern of this aggregated research clearly showed that CBD had the potential to ease symptoms for numerous kinds of anxiety.
By using the linked studies and evaluating their methods, you can begin learning how to use CBD oil for anxiety based on legitimate scientific research.
Giving Your Body The Best
When choosing CBD products for social anxiety, make sure you’re choosing a reputable company that offers you lab-tested CBD that’s potent and pure. Always choose professionally formulated products with ingredients you can trust to help support your goal of promoting your body’s wellness.