HIDDEN SPOTIFY TRICKS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Isn’t it just lovely to lie back and listen to Stay by Justin Bieber on your headphones? Or blast Heat Waves on your speakers while dancing in your room at 2 am? Everything’s going so well, and the mood is set until the music stops, and that annoying, monotonous ad comes back, right when you are finding your groove. Spotify is a world-famous app that allows you to stream 70 million tracks for free (if you can handle the ads, of course). It has revolutionized the music industry, but there’s still so much you might not know about it. Here are some Spotify AM Tricks and tips which will take your music listening experience to the next level.
- To begin with, let’s discuss how you can get rid of those pesky ads. But I bring good news for students belonging to higher education institutions. Spotify offers one-month free access to a premium membership to all new users. This can be used to try out all the features and explore Spotify at its best. After the first month, the membership is 9.99 USD a month. For you, the price has been reduced to 4.99 USD along with a HULU plan.
- On Spotify, you can create not only playlists of your favorite songs but also playlist folders. Sometimes if you don’t want to listen to your songs because you’re simply bored of them, you can search up themed playlists created by other people just by entering a few keywords. You can even share your playlists with your friends by using linked social media accounts and showing them what good music truly is. And if by chance you find someone who mirrors your exquisite music taste, you can collaborate with them to create unique playlists. Spotify also curates a playlist for every user each week called ‘Discover Weekly,’ which helps them explore new music in the genre that they enjoy.
- Have you ever created a playlist with hundreds of songs, and sometimes you can’t seem to find the right song? Not only can you search for playlists, but you can also search for songs within each playlist. This can be achieved by using the Filter function and clicking on the Find in Playlist option.
- Spotify isn’t only used to listen to music. It is now famous for its wide variety of podcasts that you can listen to on the go. The podcasts are based on a wide range of exciting topics like crime stories and political news. If you decide to purchase premium, you can download these and play them offline wherever you want.
- Did you wake up one morning and decide that you want a do-over in your playlists? And the second you pressed delete, your heart fell to your stomach as you began to comprehend the crime you had committed. Spotify allows you to recover your deleted playlists. Just log into your profile page and click on the Recover Playlists tab on the left. A list of all your ex-playlists will pop up along with the date you deleted them on. Click on Restore. This is one ex you can get back quickly with just a click of a button.
- Spotify doesn’t believe in only ‘clean’ versions of songs or making them family-friendly. If all you want to do is let loose and listen to the music as it is, you will be able to find the definitive version under ‘1 More Release‘.
- Spotify allows you to upload your favorite tracks to your Instagram stories which helps all your followers find the song you’re currently vibing to just by swiping up!
- Another fun hidden trick for Spotify is creating crossfade transitions between songs. This allows you to merge your pieces and make sure it all flows smoothly. Use your desktop and open the Preferences window. In the Advanced Settings, find the Playback section and switch Crossfade Transitions on. Set the timer from 1s to 12s according to your preference, and you’re good to go.
- You can now talk to Spotify in the US, which seems more and more beneficial since we can’t see our friends in lockdown. All you have to do is say “Hey Spotify,” which will start the app’s voice search. However, this isn’t highly foolproof yet, for your phone needs to be unlocked, and the Spotify app needs to be open. To use this new feature, you must enable it in Spotify’s settings.
- Spotify also allows you to start private sessions while you listen to music. If you share your account with anyone else, including family members, their song choices won’t influence your recommendations or daily mixes. At the end of every year, Spotify releases Spotify Wrapped, which are the personalized stats of every user. Private sessions ensure that your Spotify Wrapped is as accurate as possible. Spotify wrapped shows you the list of your favorite artists, the songs you listened to the most throughout the year, the time you spent on the app, and various other things. It’s a fascinating and helpful addition that users enjoy. Moreover, it subconsciously reestablishes the importance of Spotify in their lives.
- If you like the music you listen to and want to know more about the artist who created the song; you can click on the triple-dot button. Then, click on View Artist. This shows you other music they have released, and who knows, maybe you’ll love them all.
Spotify has been a game-changer for the streaming industry. The fact that it is essentially free and straightforward to use has resulted in its tremendous success. Happy listening! The above tips and tricks should make the app more fun and elevate your music experience as a whole.