Types of Bags to pair with your outfits this Festive Season
A handy bag to put in our essentials when out, is the best possible thing. And we are blessed to have this option (Don’t be jealous, you men)! There isn’t anything necessary that you won’t find in a woman’s bag- money, water, pen and a notebook, some munchies, emergency medicines, makeup and the list keep on going.
But it’s really difficult for us to choose a bag that matches with our day’s outfit, is spacious, solves the purpose and obviously glams us up. There are a number of bags, available in the market, which differ from each other by their styles. And, it won’t really be possible to cover them all in one article.
Since the festive and wedding season is round the corner, why not highlight those bags which go the best with ethnic Indian outfits, or Indo-Western dresses, because let’s be honest we might roam around the whole year in jeans and tee but can’t really give the ethnic dresses a miss during the festive season.
We bring you in this article a list of bags to pair with your Sarees, Lehengas, Anarkali Suits, indo-western dresses or Salwar Suits.
1. Sassy Sling Bag: The long-sling or crossbody bags have been in trend since the last few years. Pair it with a handloom saree or a cotton or silk kurti and palazzo, for the morning occasions.
Dress it up as you like with some light jewellery or just a jhumka and some bangles, and a pair of flat strappy sandals or juttis. Let your bag get all the importance it deserves.
2. Trendy Tote Bag: This is the “for-all”, “have-it-all” bag. Confused? It’s just an expansion of the bag that carries every stuff you need, and anyone can flaunt it.
Planning to go for Diwali shopping with your besties or sisters? Carry an all-purpose Tote Bag with Palazzo and a Crop Top or maybe a Long ChikankariKurtiand ankle length jeans. Try to ditch earrings and necklaces, rather team a wide anklet or a few bangles and obviously a pair of shades.
3. Handy Handbag: Handbags are again multifaceted bags that each woman should have in their collection. What if you have to attend a function after a long day of meetings, and you have no time to go back home to freshen up? Carry a handbag for the day.
In it you can not only carry your evening outfit and make up, but it will look chic too. Choose a one that goes with both of your outfits, and you’re all set for the day.
4. Wondrous Wristlets: This is a strappy, pouchy clutch that helps you to swing it from your wrist. Stay worry-free now at the parties. You need not look for your bag every now and then, it’s right there hanging from your wrist.
This is pretty spacious and can fit in all your necessities- money, make-up, cell phone, tissues etc. You can carry it with Indo-western dresses, Dhoti-style pants or Salwar Suits. It looks classy with formals too, and can be carried to office parties.
5. Beautiful Bucket Bag: As the name suggests, these bags resemble the shape of a bucket, and are spacious as handbags. These bags look very smart and match well with Indian outfits.
You can carry it to a day-event. Wear a vibrant Silk or Cotton Saree, pair with a designer blouse, and a heavy neckpiece, and tie your hair to a bun. You can put in gajra (garland) or other accessories to decorate your hair.
6. Pretty Potlis: A favourite among the celebs, embellished or not,potlis go very well with designer Indian outfits. These cutesy, small handbags have just enough space for your bare minimum necessities-cell phone, a little makeup (for touch-up) and keys.
Pair you embellished Saree, Lehenga or Anarkali Suit with a pretty, little potli. You can match the work of your dress and potli to go together, for example, if you are wearing a zari embroidered outfit, go for a potli with similar handiwork. Keep the work similar, but the colours must be contrasting to stand out.
7. Captivating Clutches: Owning clutches should absolutely be on your bucket list, this festive season. Be it your own or your bestie’s wedding, flaunting different types of clutches are a must. Carrying clutch bags to weddings, engagement parties, or other such events are an in-thing, for the last few years. It is still continuing with the same level of excitement.
Clutches also come with slender, metal slings, so that you need not carry it in your hands all the time.
Pair your gorgeous embellished Indian wear with a stunning clutch, beautiful pair of earnings and a statement ring for that special look. Be it embroidered or hand stitched, printed or embellished, clutches should be renamed as the best friends for Indian outfits.
To create an altogether different look you can also carry a clutch with a solid coloured shirt paired with a long designer skirt or a designer top, paired with trousers and stilettos. Out-of-the-box looks are sure to grab some attention.
Now that we have given you tips on what to buy, and how to pair them with your favourite Indian outfits, what are you waiting for? Let us know how you like the final looks.