Low-Calorie Vanilla Ice-Cream Is a Real Euphoriant
What Is Low-Calorie Ice Cream?
Low-calorie ice cream is made with less cream and sugar compared to the regular type. It contains more fiber, proteins, and minerals, such as calcium. Artificial sweeteners are used to replace the sugar added to traditional products.
Typical low-calorie ice cream contains more ingredients than a regular one. This is done to achieve the same level of texture and flavor that is normally provided by the cream and sugar in conventional ice creams.
We all want to eat healthily; however, doing it can be tough, especially when you feel you have to sacrifice what you love. Low-calorie dessert is a great and delicious alternative for satisfying your sweet tooth without having to worry about unhealthy weight gain and a host of health issues such as cardiovascular diseases.
So, how do you make this utterly-delicious yet guilt-free treat?
Low-Calorie Ice Cream Recipes
Before you make it yourself, we recommend looking at one of these cooler ice packs to keep your ice cream from melting. Now, let’s show you how to make two delicious low-fat vanilla ice cream.
Low-Calorie Vanilla Ice Cream With Skim Milk
- 100ml milk
- 5 tablespoons skin milk
- 10 grams of sugar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Warm the milk in the microwave, then add the sugar and skim milk. Leave to cool.
- Add vanilla essence and put in the freezer until firm.
Low-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream
Yields: 2 quarts
4 cups fat-free half-and-half
¾ cup of sugar
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mix sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Add half-and-half and stir until smooth.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil and cook while stirring until thick, then remove from heat.
- Whisk a small amount of the cooked mixture into egg yolks, then pour into the saucepan. Cook again for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and place it in a pan of ice water. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Put the ice cream into freezer containers until they’re two thirds full and freeze for 2-4 hours.
Now that you know where and how to begin, you can easily find the ingredients you need to make the best vanilla ice cream.
Give It a Try Today
Added sugar and saturated fats in regular ice creams put you at a high risk of developing heart disease. Flavors and dyes used can contribute to certain types of cancer. A low-calorie vanilla ice cream is one of the healthiest ways to enjoy a bowl of your favorite dessert, as it doesn’t contain these harmful add-ins.
One last piece of advice is that you should always check the ingredients before buying ice cream. Skim milk, milk protein, or water should top the list of healthy, low calorie ice cream.
Let us know if you love our two varieties of low -calorie vanilla ice cream, and what nutritious add-ins you would like to include.
Catherine Wiley is a full-time food blogger who’s currently traveling around the world exploring, among many other things, food from different cultures. She has a sweet tooth, but since she’s conscious about what she eats, Catherine is always looking for tasty, nutritious treats to add to her menu.